Monday, December 03, 2007

8 random things you wished you didn't know about me

A tad late after being tagged, but the TV is kapot and football was cancelled (but not before cycling to the pitch in RAINRAINRAINFEKKINGRAIN), so here we go:
  1. A quote from my book of the moment: "Leonard's incredible brain sizzled away alarmingly, an overloaded chip pan on the Stove of Life." - Terry Prachett, Jingo.
  2. I have been told that I look like Sigourney Weaver - more than once, by completely unrelated people. They generally mention it when I'm in a foul mood. I reckon its the pinched mouth that sells it.
  3. I neglect my one remaining goldfish. Sucks to be Deaky.
  4. I talk to myself. In Dutch.
  5. I was reciting nursery rhymes by the time I was two. My parents thought I was a child genius. I soon learnt them wrong.
  6. I have been known to swear like a hardened sailor brandishing his Tourettes talents like a weapon. (oooh... double simile. I impress me.)
  7. My boss introduces me as follows, "this is Koekie. She breaks things."
  8. I'm really thinking hard about actually getting around to that Christmas shopping list.

4 comments:

Don't believe a word I write said...

Dude!! To misquote comedienne Maria Bamford, all that thinking about Christmas shopping will seriously cut into your lying around time. Just give everybody fish, including Deaky (don't give him a fish...give him away - he may be looking for a happier home.)

Peaches said...

The likeness is uncanny my friend!

kop said...

you're special!

Bryan said...

howzit suster! Ya was pretty fullon arse over tit. Hey I thought you should know - about 2 days after your post on overweight baggage etc, Qantas announced that they intend introducing a surcharge for fattys - literally 1of the top 3 stories on 6pm news here. I chuckled - seems you either have friends in high (& far)places, a VERY influential blog, or it's just a blerry coincidence. Whatever - good shit! PS Did you see Jacob may be new SA president? that deserves a looong post - if you care. Once he becomes presideent eish it's all over - horrrible thought having a corrupt rapist who believes a warm shower sures aids as president!