Tuesday, January 12, 2010

You are not unique

Similar to most people in the western world, I work for a big international company. We have big international mailing lists. These are for corporate communications such as: new CEO; annual reports; marketing updates... and, apparently, a mid-level manager's baby announcement.

Some guy I have never met, never heard of and will never hear from again, has decided to inform everyone of the birth of his new son. I am so, so very tempted to reply:
Dear Harry

You did what over 100 million people did last year. It is not an exclusive club and does not count as news. Believe it or not, mammals have been doing this - without fanfare - for several thousand years. You are not special and neither is your kid.

Congratu-fucking-lations. I don't care.
I can feel the rage pulsing through my fingers. It's good to be back.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The whole of my global company heard from a very low ranking HR rep that she was going on leave for a day and that if we needed anything we could contact her superior!

HER SUPERIOR!!!

Thank you Miss "No-one can love you more than you love yourself", I would have contacted your superior anyways.

Moron