Thursday, November 15, 2007

It's all relative

This morning, I greeted my boss by flinging myself into his arms. Not on purpose. You see, I simply tripped on the kitchen floor.

His first reaction was to steady me and ask if I was okay. His second was to look behind me and ask what exactly tripped me up. The answer is nothing. Surely everybody has days where they trip over smooth surfaces? Yes? No?

Anyway, later I was talking to the same boss, standing in one place. Nothing too coordinated about that. Until my ankle gave way and I stumbled again. From a standing start.

His first reaction was to ask if I was okay. His second was to ask if I was drunk. I can't blame him really.

So, my boss thinks I'm a drunk, but I'm okay with it... because at least I'm not this guy.

To be fair, I don't think the poor bugger really deserved a judicial sentence. He was in his own room, entertaining himself, and not hurting anyone else. I hope he at least bought his bike a drink first...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe the said offender in the article has since become quite risque and bought himself a troiscycle.

Catalyst said...

Heh, seems he prefers it when his sexual partner is two-tyred...

Koeks, I'm so proud; tripping over nothing, randomly falling down... Good stuff! Almost as good as when you fell up the escalator at work...

Anonymous said...

I knew you were a cluts, but that is simply ridiculous!

fuzzy logic said...

I think we may have been separated at birth - I've severely sprained my ankle before, also from a standing start. That, or there's something in the Grahamstown water...

The poor guy - but how does one have sex with a bicycle??