Sunday, July 27, 2008

I own the 70s

Okay, I swear this is the last one for now. And now I feel obliged to add a piccie of Deaky, to show that I am not completely prejudiced towards fur and four paws. Although, I still maintain that Kemba is easier to cuddle than Deaky.

Am recovering from a 70s party last night. Fantastic theme, mostly because of my hair. While the rest of the guests were wearing afros (Mills looked like Sideshow Bob from The Simpsons), I simply blow-dryed my hair in the style that it usually takes on without my consent... The Farrah Fawcett-Lee-Majors.


Everybody else was hugely jealous of my locks, obviously. I was born a few decades too late. God, I wish the 1970 hairdos would come back for real (not just as a kitsch party trick).


In preparation for the 70s party, I went into town on Saturday morning to purchase a gift for the birthday girl. One gift, for her. That was the shopping list. I returned home with three pairs of new shoes, two tops, and a few other goodies. Cycling home with all the packets was fun. Mills asked me if I actually remembered to get anything for the birthday girl. My response... "What birthday girl...? Have you seen my new shoes?"


Focus. It's all about focus.


ps. the lion collection pictured with Deaky are remnants of the EK Oranjegekte earlier this year. Albert Heijne supermarkets handed them out with pretty much all purchases.


pps. Deaky can just be seen in the background. He loves the camera.

No comments: